Monday, July 30, 2018

Week 26: SIX MONTHS-WHAT?!


Happy Monday everyone!

Yeah that's right! I've been out serving the Lord for six months already! Can't believe it? Well neither can I! But it's the truth!

We didn't have a heavy work week because of training meetings, interviews, and zone conference but I can tell you Sister Moore are on a spiritual high and we are pumped to get some new people to teach and get the work going again in our area. We've been struggling to find more people to teach and our weeks have been less booked than ever and I still feel like I have been the busiest I have ever been my whole mission. It's crazy how it works out like that!

We had a goal to make people in this country smile more this week and we made 33 Ukrainians smile since Tuesday, and we even got a creepy "I love you" out of it too (in Russian and then translated into English)! We're going to brighten this country up one smile at a time.

Speaking of smiles, I was full of them this week with all the crazy rain storms! We got caught in a crazy one but all was well with umbrellas and rain boots. And then Ukraine decided it hated me again and over night it was a sauna outside again, so I'm back to melting away. My trainee is from Las Vegas so she understands my problem with the humidity here. I'm just praying fall comes soon. A man I was talking to on the marshrutka the other day said there wasn't this much humidity 10 years ago. Too bad I was 9 then... oh well. I feel Heavenly Father's love for me just that much more when we get a cool rain storm.

In closing, I am just really grateful to serve a mission, here in Ukraine, in Borschagovsky, with Sister Moore, and at this time. I'm grateful for a lot of other things, but these have definitely been at the top of my list this week. I love you all and I wish you the best, wherever you may be. Have an amazing week!

Sister Vehar

I love rain and the temple
It poured. Yes, I promise I'm in Ukraine
 A little green I see everyday
My cute Sister Moore as Baba Svetlana, jazzing up some role plays

No comments:

Post a Comment