Monday, August 6, 2018

Week 27: No water because: Ukraine

Happy Monday!

How is everyone? I hope the answer is good.

This week was really good. We didn't have too many appointments this week, but we got to do TONS of contacting this week and we handed out more Book of Mormons this week than I have my whole mission. None of them came to church, but yesterday we were walking on the temple grounds before church started because Sister Moore felt like we had to find someone. I was a little skeptical, seeing no one there, but we went because you can't argue with the Spirit. At about 330* around the circumference of the temple grounds we saw a grandma and granddaughter on a bench ready for church. They were the only ones on the grounds so we went to talk to them and they said they were visiting. We get a lot of visitors because the Kyiv temple is the only temple in all of Eastern Europe. I asked if they were members and they said "not yet". Sooo now we have 4 potential investigators because the rest of their family showed up and promised they'd come next week.

We also had dinner appointments this week and one family thought we had never had corn on the cob before, even though the meal was corn and watermelon- the most 4th of Julyesque foods I can think of. I assured them we had eaten it before and two seconds later Sister Moore ate almost all the way through the "cob" center so they think we lied to them. We had a really good laugh about it.

We had no water for three days for the sole reason that it was a holiday and the water people had a day off. Somehow that adds up to three days. We got spurts of water long enough to take a shower before it turned off again. It was very stressful.

Sorry I'm out of time, but I love this work. Heavenly Father loves and knows each and every one of you personally. Remember He is there for you. I love you!

Sister Vehar

 The heavens opening on the temple
The one sunflower I've seen in this city of Ukraine

No comments:

Post a Comment