Monday, August 20, 2018

Week 29: English Music Is Everywhere

Happy Monday Everyone!

This week has been crazy long! I've decided I've lost all sense of time as a missionary. I can't tell the difference between one hour, one week and one transfer ago anymore. It really is a great sensation.

I've been exposed to a lot of worldly music this week, which I may or may not have enjoyed- they were some good throwbacks.

We chalk contacted for the first time with the elders and it was really fun cause we got a really good contact out of it and listened to a guy play La La Land on his guitar. I was light headed and my knees hurt, but I was really happy. I drew some really good clouds for the plan of salvation and wrote in lots of Russian.

We had Sister Moore's first exchange outside of our area- the first time she's left our area- and it was really fun. I was with a trainee who had been out for a week and might have argued with a guy about why we need scripture. It was kinda funny cause he said "All we need is love- not church, scripture etc." and the trainee didn't understand and kept saying “da” (“yes”) cause it sounded like doctrine, but I had to correct both of them and say we didn't believe that. It was wild.

We registered Sister Moore for Ukraine and the driver was blasting some 80s ballads and we were rocking hard. Also there was a huge storm and half the trees in the city were uprooted. Also, we witnessed a woman hop across the crosswalk on one leg in 4 inch wedges- needless to say we were impressed.

We visited our blind and deaf babushka, Baba Ana, and she said her sight and hearing are worse than ever and my little heart aches for her. She also spit cookies all over me when talking so I was grateful she couldn't see or hear my reaction to that.

I am honestly so happy to be on a mission in Ukraine. Sometimes I forget I'm in Ukraine, (very briefly most times until I see something that people could only get away with in Ukraine) but I literally love this people and country so much.

I love you all and I'll talk to you on Tuesday (We have zone conference next week)!

Sister Vehar

Our Plan of Salvation (we had some help)

I love the "graffiti" here! People just decorate buildings by painting them
More painted buildings
I got a package and I made a lemonade popsicle because of this dang heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment