Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Week 30: Allergies are the WORST

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Pday was postponed to today because one of the area authorities came and held a zone conference with us yesterday- which was really funny and spiritually uplifting. To be completely honest, I can't remember much of what happened this week.

We had a week long finding activity in the center of Kyiv to prepare for this big zone conference with a general authority (Elder Golden) and it was really fun. I talked to this babushka who walked up and asked what we were giving away so freely and so we gave her everything. She was so grateful, she told us she needed to give us some plums *whips plums out of nowhere*. She also gave me her number because we had become such good friends- I caved in and told her my name. We invited her to church and she said she couldn't go, she lives far away in Vinnytsya, where we happen to have sisters so I asked if I could give her number to them- she said honestly she might refuse. I told them to tell her Kaeleigh sent them. Hopefully they can get in.

Friday was Ukraine's Independence Day (You might have seen me speaking some Ukrainian on Facebook- I'm famous) so we wore vishyvankas to be patriotic and turns out we are more patriotic than the Ukrainians. I saw 4 other humans in traditional Ukrainian shirts. Our security guard asked us if there was a holiday! We were caught a little off guard, but it's alright. Baba Anna sent us shopping for her, which we gladly did. She asked for some cookies and juice so we got her her favorites and when we returned she said "Surprise! You just bought the treats for our Independence Day party!" She sure got us good! What a cutie!

One lady we are hoping to teach some more, Nastya the Baptist, found some Anti-Mormon literature this week and I don't know if there is a word in any language I know to describe my emotions about it. The closest might be awe. Anyway, she told us she found what we believe and being curious, we asked and she started relaying some false doctrine and blasphemy- the good stuff. She said she "verified" it wasn't an Anti-Mormon site, but she asked if we wanted to know what else it said. We said sure, so she printed two sets for us and charged us with the task of grading it for accuracy- which we did and the whole page is red-we can leave it at that. The world believes some pretty outrageous stuff and we had some really good laughs over the ridiculous stuff this site came up with.

It was one of our members' birthday this week so we had a party to celebrate- there is always something to celebrate in this country. Sister Moore was a dinosaur this week (see pictures).

On an ending note, allergies have hit me hard this week. I'm constantly sneezing and my eyes are itchy and it has been GREAT. I love it. But, I still get to do missionary work and that makes me happy! I hope all of you have a wonderful week!

Sister Vehar
 Happy 27th Independence Day Ukraine! 
 Sister Moore-the Dino
 Kyiv East and West Zone Conference
All the sisters in the mission, minus those in Lviv and Moldova
 I found Zac Efron selling computer assistance again but post HSM era- these phonies are upping their game
A great view from the 16th floor- no I didn't fear for my life

No comments:

Post a Comment