Monday, August 13, 2018

Week 28: Weak Things Made Strong

Happy Monday!

This week was quite interesting. It all started when we decided this week that our investigator, Olga, had ignored our calls too many times and we needed to stop by unannounced. We of course had to have a reason to get in. Brownies- the only thing everyone loves in this world and are quite rare in this country. You could call us the suppliers of happiness with the Gospel and brownies, all anyone needs in this life. Anyway, we left the brownies a little underdone and kept most of it for ourselves. We went by Olga's apartment and she let us in! We caught up forever and read the Book of Mormon together (during which she suggested that Lehi had to smoke something in order to have a vision- no, I wasn't offended at all) and we gave her homework of 2 Nephi 2. And then she told us on our way out that she can't believe in the Creation. Funny how that works out. She "coincidentally" cancelled our next meeting- I hope it's not because we gave her a whole chapter solely about the Creation to read.

This week Sister Moore and I had awful stomach aches. We couldn't figure out what it was. Some senior couples tried to tell us it was the raw egg in the brownies- I've never had a problem with it in my life. The brownies were actually so good that when sisters stayed with us twice this week, we hid them every time so we didn't have to share. Maybe not relevant, but it was a highlight of my week. We did eventually find the source of the ache as I tried to relieve the pain by eating a piece of rye bread and saw a flash of blue- WE HAVE BEEN EATING MOLD ALL WEEK as the bread was our go-to to relieve hunger and aches. It's okay we're fine. We feel better now! I actually drank sour milk today and my stomach is now invincible due to the conditioning I've put it through all week!

On Saturday we met with Nastya, a Baptist, for the first time. She's not an investigator yet, but she will be. She has lots of questions and they aren't your typical ones either- think more deep doctrine with not yet revealed answers. She will definitely keep us on our toes- especially because she speaks English and reads different translations of the Bible. Oddly enough, she helped me realize that I haven't been taking advantage of reading the Bible. It's an amazing source of truth. We are so lucky to have it along with the Book of Mormon in order to have the fullness of God's word.

I have been thinking about Ether 12:27 ("And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.") a lot this week with the many trials we had to face- but I can testify to you all that our Heavenly Father has a purpose for each trial we go through- even if it may not seem like it in the middle of the storm. They always end up strengthening us in the end- maybe for a similar, yet harder trial. Or maybe it takes me wanting to cry a whole lesson for the whole purpose of giving me a desire to read and better understand the Bible which could help me later. The point is, only Heavenly Father knows the purpose of each of our trials and we have to trust in Him, but I do know that each trial will strengthen us. I love this Gospel, I love this work, and I love each and every one of you. I hope you all have amazing weeks!

Sister Vehar
The second sunflower I've seen in this country. #citygirl
This country's sky looks photoshopped- never ceases to amaze me

No comments:

Post a Comment