Monday, October 29, 2018

Week 39: I'M HAVING THE BEST TIME OF MY LIFE

Happy Monday e'erbody!

    How are you doing, cause I'm doing great!
    Man, our trio is WILD! Sister Thompson goes contacting crazy and I admit I have learned so much from her. Contacting can be fun and is actually really enjoyable!! My companions are the two loudest sisters in the mission. I swear we are always screaming and I'm just honestly surprised that our neighbors haven't come upstairs ready to kill us. Maybe that apartment is vacant or something....
    Anyway, the work is BUMPING thanks to my girl, Thompson! We met with a blind woman, Tatyana, who has come to our English practice for years now and has met with the missionaries a couple times. She has the most heart-wrenching story I have ever heard. She is 59 but looks 70 because her neighbors were drug manufacturers and they basically poisoned her with the side effects of these drugs, and therefore she is blind as well. She had to leave her home to escape these effects and has been homeless since. She thinks God did all this to her to spite her and thinks He is just cruel- which kills me. She is so angry at God right now and she cannot believe that He loves her. It makes me so sad how little hope she has. We told her she could live forever with her Heavenly Father and she said she doesn't want to ever live with Him or even live at all- I kid you not we cried with this woman both times we met with her. She is progressing little by little though. She is already recognizing the miracles God has sent her and she told us three good things about her day and one of them was that she got to meet with us! She is so cute! I just want her to be happy! At the end of every meeting, she already smiles more and is just a little happier. It truly reminds me why we are here.
    Anyway, now the BIG STUFF- ELDER COOK CAME AND WE HAD MISSION CONFERENCE AND IT WAS AMAZING! I learned so much about how to better serve the people in this area! We are all doing our best when we are working our hardest and we shouldn't get frustrated with ourselves when we aren't perfect, because it is a lifelong process. I needed to hear every word Elder Cook shared with us! He also shared the firmest testimony with us that I have ever heard- He said, "I know His face, I know His voice". I can't say anything more powerful than that.
    I was very thankful for the opportunity to see all my old friends again! I finally have people from the MTC I can have reunions with! I'm no longer lonely!!
    I love my mission so much and I can't imagine doing anything else right now and I am just so thankful and sure that I made the best decision I have ever made my whole life!

Have amazing weeks everyone!

Sister Vehar
 My MTC group!! RIP I'm the only Sister
 My companions! (Soucie, Vehar, Thompson)
  The entire Ukraine Kyiv/Moldova Mission *first time together since becoming a new mission on June 27, 2018
All the Sisters with Sister Caron.
My Baby Moore!!

No comments:

Post a Comment