Monday, July 1, 2019

Week 74: When men throw potatoes

Hey everybody!

Good news! My toe is back to normal size, but turns out I'm allergic to bees. So that was fun.

I saw a man throwing potatoes at a pigeon this week while we were contacting because there weren't any customers. I wonder if he ever thought that wasting potatoes on a pigeon maybe isn't the best advertisement. What's done is done.

We were at a less active's this week and she asked for a Book of Mormon because she wants to give it to her friend. "He needs Jesus"- Lena, my girl, we all need Jesus, but hey I'm glad someone wants to do some member missionary work here!

We went to Kyiv this week for Sister Goncear's interview with President (I don't get mine until the end of my mission literally sweating bullets) and it was a fun day with the Kumfermans and we got to go to the templeand then we went to the bus station to go home and the last bus came with only three seats and four missionaries so I just sat on Sister Goncear's lap for twenty minutes until a lady got off and I took her seat. Fun times.

As for the work, one of our investigators will come to church when it's cooler which is really funny to me cause I remember winter and everybody seeming to say they'll come when it's warmer. I guess the weather never seems to be just right for these Ukrainians.

I really love Sister Goncear. She is just a savage. We showed up to a less actives apartment and she said "oh girls I'll just come on my own." Goncear: " We both know you're not coming on your own". Basically I wouldn't rather finish my mission with anyone else.

That's about all I got. Love you all.

Sister Vehar

My toe-You're welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment