Monday, June 24, 2019

Week 73: A bee stung my pinkie toe

Hey everyone!

Yeah, it's short, but be glad I sent one at all. Yep, a bee stung me- stinkin' vengeful creatures. I don't understand why it had to do that cause I accidentally murdered him by stepping on him, but what's done is done. I have a third big toe. Worse, is that Sister Pixton had to leave us, but I'll see her in 5 weeks.

I actually want to share a spiritual experience I had this week. After the hard week last week, I prayed to the Lord and asked if He would allow me to see some fruits from my labors since I was having a hard time seeing any at the moment. Sister Thompson called me this week and told me a bunch of miracles of a man with a baptismal date that I gave a card to and just opened my eyes to some of the fruits of my efforts here. And also Milena, an investigator I taught in Borschagovsky almost a year ago just got baptized this week. I'm not saying this is all because of me, because that would be completely presumptuous.  I've just realized that every small effort goes somewhere. My efforts from one year ago brought forth a result now- I am just blessed that the Lord allowed me to see that one. Maybe my efforts today will bring something forth next year. I won't be here to see it, but that's not what matters- that's not why I'm here. All I need to know is that I'm dedicating all my efforts to the Lord and He is using me as his tool right now. What kind of tool am I? Only the Lord knows. But, I know the requirements I need to fulfill in order to be worthy of the privilege to be an instrument in the Lord's hands and I think this is the highest privilege any of us can possibly achieve in this life.
Alma 37:6 Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

Love you all,
Sister Vehar

No comments:

Post a Comment