Monday, December 10, 2018

Week 45: Christmas with ma gurl

Hey everybody!
    Well, we got the best news we could've possibly gotten this week- that's right, Sister Soucie and I are staying together another transfer, which means we will be together for Christmas! I literally couldn't be happier- except two of our beloved elders are being shipped out. But life goes on. Hopefully, this next district will be just as lit.
    We decided to visit one of our less active members this week in the boonies as our last phone call was very abrupt and didn't get us anywhere. She told us that she was pregnant and it wasn't good to meet- we just found out that her husband might not be a member of our church. Anyway, we dropped by unannounced and she no longer lives out in the boonies. But, on our phone call, she told us where she actually lives and agreed that it would be good to meet. Either way, it was probably the most dangerous thing I've done on my mission, but a really fun adventure!
    I also got a package this week so we taxied it home and the driver drove so insanely #what'snew and blared some crazy jams that I may not send home for the sake that I am a representative of Christ. Sorry haha.
    We also got to paint "the winter" with a member haha- results coming soon- and they caught me catching snowflakes in my mouth before I came in- I'm a master snowflake catcher now. It's almost like I grew up in Arizona or something.
    This week I was reading in Helaman and I realized that God truly does have a plan- every time the prophets are captured, it seems like he has forsaken them. But in fact, the result of every one of these is many converts. Sometimes when we have it really rough, we just have to see that good will always come out of it if we are doing the right things.
    Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys this Christmas season!
Love,
Sister Vehar

No comments:

Post a Comment