Monday, November 19, 2018

Week 42: IT'S CHRISTMAS?!?!?!


HEY EVERYBODY THIS SISTER MISSIONARY IS PUMPED BECAUSE IT IS PRACTICALLY CHRISTMAS TIME AND I'VE HAVE NEVER BEEN HAPPIER.
    The grocery stores already have Christmas trees in every corner, it already snowed, and you know I already slipped the first day. Sister Soucie however, slipped on some ice and face-planted into the asphalt- we're pretty sure she has a concussion so we've been taking it easy since.
    We taught Sasha again and I don't think I've ever had a worse lesson- the Spirit wasn't there and he literally just talked over me the whole time. We want to pass him off to the elders cause he might actually listen to them, but it's very possible his main reason for meeting with us is that we're "two young, beautiful, American girls"- UGH. I'm just trying to help these people come closer to Christ!
    We had exchange with the Pechersky sisters this week and seriously, I love all the sisters I get to serve with! I'm actually grateful in the end to be an STL (Sister training leader) so that I can get to know all of these sisters so much better! We actually had a way cool experience on exchange because Sister King and I felt that we needed to visit this less active, Elya, and the only address information we had was her apartment building, which was incredibly hard to find and ended up not being complete! But we found the building in the end, and then proceeded to ask all of the old ladies that approve you to go into their building if they knew our friend, and turns out her last name was wrong on our list! But, one of the nice old ladies helped us find her and as we roll up to her apartment, Elya showed up two minutes later! Miracles all around!
    Really, I love this work so much! The members here are so amazing and I've realized how helpful missions are for what I want to do with my life after the mission. The members are so dedicated to the gospel that it truly is a lifestyle for them here. I think in America, we get so carried away in life that we forget- but the people here, who have close to nothing, see the Gospel for what it really is and it is the center of their life. I hope that I always have the perspective the Ukrainians have and that I have while on the mission. The Gospel really is the central reason we are here so we should remember to keep it as the central reason we do everything. This life is amazing! I love you all! Hope you all have great weeks!🎄❄⛄

No comments:

Post a Comment