Monday, April 8, 2019

Week 62: God Loves Irony

    My mom isn't answering her video calls right now, so you all are going to be entreated to a weekly email!!! Have I got some stories for you!
    So I guess I need to start with letting you all in on our day to day lives for this one, but basically people here are so prideful and think they are so funny when they come up with "original and witty" comebacks that we have never heard before- notice the sarcasm. Every time we run into these people, we joke that we are ready for God to send the flood to humble these people. This occurs maybe every ten minutes.
    SO we get to the good part. It's a calm Tuesday evening, roughly 10 pm. It's the night before apartment audits so I'm cleaning like crazy so our apartment actually looks good. I walk into the kitchen, and the sink is filling up and our dishes are floating and so I'm wondering what the heck my companion did and so I go to unplug the drain.... there is no plug. All of of a sudden the sink starts draining and water is pouring out of the cupboard under the sink! There was like an inch of water on the floor and we threw anything that could soak up water on the floor. We of course called the elders at 10:15 and they told us they knew us too well and that we wouldn't do anything else about it, so they came over to fix our problem and didn't end up leaving until 11:30. It was pretty hectic. So the moral of the story- we asked for a flood and we sure got one.
    We met with a man from Iraq and gave him an Arabic Book of Mormon and literally it was the coolest experience ever. We had to use google translate the whole time, but this guy was one of the most receptive person I have ever met in this country. Of course he goes back this week and we have a huge language barrier.

Anyway the work is going on and it is so awesome! Lovin’ it. Love you all.
Sister Vehar

No comments:

Post a Comment