Monday, September 17, 2018

Week 33: Sorry, I have a wife

Happy Monday!!

This one will have to be quick as I am out of time.
Here's a shock- all of our investigator lessons fell through! But we were able to meet with members and less actives so it was all good- just because we aren't helping someone towards baptism, doesn't mean we aren't helping them come unto Christ.

The funniest moment this week was when we were contacting and Sister Moore tried to give a man an English card to which he responded, "Sorry, у меня ест жена"- hence the subject of my email this week. I guess here in Ukraine "free English practice" translates to "learn English so I can marry you". In his dreams!

The biggest news of the week- I am finally being transferred! I will be leaving the beautiful area of Borschagovsky and my daily view of the wonderful temple to go to the city of Kharkivsky! I'll be a Sister Training Leader with Sister Soucie- a sister who came into the field the same day as me from the Spain MTC! I am really excited. I'm sad to leave Sister Moore, this ward, and the daily ATB runs (about a fifth the size of Walmart and I know it like the back of my hand), but I am excited to have more experiences and learn so much more as a missionary!

Also, we had a branch talent show today and let me tell you, I just love old people! Needless to say, the talents were pretty creative and out there. For example, one included a nose flute duet. Did I know what a nose flute was until today? No. Learn something new everyday! (*From our hangouts chat this morning:) Sister Moore and I got wrangled into singing a Latin song (Donna Nobis Pacem)-throwback to Trivium days.

I love you all so much and I'm sorry it wasn't much today, but there will be more to come! Have amazing weeks!
Sister Vehar

(More from hangouts:)
Mom- Are you excited about Kharkivsky?
K- I am STOKED
Mom- Two "Arizona" girls in winter lol (Sister Soucie is from Scottsdale, AZ)
K- Yeah, must be President's funny joke
K- They play volleyball there for sports and they have 8 investigators there right now
Mom- I heard the members feed you in Kharkivsky. Have the members fed you much in Borshagovsky?
K-I heard! I am PUMPED. Heck no. They never feed us. I went to one family twice these past few weeks and they fed us, but it's rare compared to America.

Mom-How's your Russian?
K- Probably 7. I'm starting to understand Ukrainian
Mom-You're saying your Russian is a 7 out of 10?
K- Depends. I understand a lot at church, but not so much on the street

1. Selfie with the rebyonik
2. Vorobyobs! love them! They have a youtube video of the "Laban Murder" you should really look it up. It's worth it.
3. The Gerra-Mirandas!



No comments:

Post a Comment