Monday, June 18, 2018

Week 20: My First Time Out of Kiev and a BAPTISM

Happy Monday everyone!

This week was amazing just in the fact that SASHA WAS BAPTIZED! I had to give a talk about baptism, which was pretty rough, but no one left so it must not have been too bad (I also bore my testimony in sacrament this week... so that was a lot of Russian in two days)! But wow, she was so ready. She came ready to give a talk and everything! She was so excited and she brought her daughter too, who totally felt the spirit. She was a little scared when it came time to go under water, but she did it and she is so happy now! She is almost done reading the Book of Mormon, which is insane! She is reading faster than I am and I sit down and read it for an hour every day! She is amazing and already talks about reading it again! It is really great that we haven't had to push her too hard since she is so self motivated! I swear she'll be called into primary or something.

There isn't much other news this week other than my second exchange was in a small town outside of Kiev, called Zhytomyr and it was GORGEOUS. The city has grown on me, but I would LOVE to go serve somewhere like there. It's also where my trainer spent 9 months of her mission so it was really cool to be down there for her since she leaves this week. The English class scene was way more interesting with crazy Ukrainians and we also got to meet one of the sister's relative of some sort, who may or may not be the richest man in Ukraine. His house was three times the size of mine in America and he built it himself. It was quite the shock when we showed up because for the past three months, I've met people in apartments the size of a living room and a half with walls everywhere.

This week I feel super touched because of a lot of things I have heard and I just want to share with you that Heavenly Father knows each and every one of us because we are His children. He gives us some things we might think are hard, but He gives them to us so we can grow and He will always provide a way for us. He loves you and I love you too! I hope everyone has a fantastic week!

Love,
Sister Vehar
Our sweet Sasha and her daughter
A gorgeous view of the temple on a day we got down-poured on
The forest we past outside of the city
Sister Pixton and I went to visit her Uncle Victor in Zhytomer
Sister Pixton says in her letter about visiting Victor: "Sooo I found out that my Aunt Olya, from Russia has relatives in Zhytomyr. So my momma sent me the contact info of this guy named Victor, that she knows/is related to. We called him and he was totally down to meet us the next day. So after our lesson he shows up to the church, we hop in his car and he drives us to this cake shop and buys this big fancy chocolate cake. Then we drove to his house, sat by his pool and chatted with him about why we're here and told him what our church is all about over chai and tort."


No comments:

Post a Comment