Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Week 6: The week I would have left if I was speaking Spanish

Hello Friends and Family!

It has definitely been a week! I don't even know where to start!

We can start with TRC (Teaching Resource Center). TRC is where we teach members, usually Returned Missionaries at BYU, who can speak our language. It was our last time this week. But we had a really cool experience with the spirit. To prepare for TRC, we have to plan two 20 minute lessons. We always teach the same lesson twice because we teach two different sets of people. This week was cool because with the same scripture verses and same theme of charity, we taught two completely different lessons. I can testify that the spirit definitely tailors messages to the people. There were thoughts I was prompted to share with a member that I hadn't even thought of in the first lesson. It was an amazing experience to strengthen my testimony of the spirit.

Yesterday we started Skype TRC. We Skyped a grandma in Bulgaria solely in Russian! It was hard with connection issues, her cute, yet distracting, granddaughter, and the fact that we understood maybe five words from every sentence she said. there were times we understood whole sentences, but they were aimed at her granddaughter to stop distracting her. The spirit is miraculous though because we still felt it and still had those promptings to share our message with her. She really liked the verses we shared with her and took them to heart. It was cool because even though she was in Bulgaria, her family was from Ukraine. I'd say we learned a lot from her about our missions, but if only we understood.

It is so warm here that we have started studying outside everyday! It is gorgeous. I've gotten mini sunburns everyday, but they're gone the next day so hopefully I'll get a tan before I never see the sun for 16 months.

We said goodbye to one of my favorite districts this week. It was really hard, but they were all so ready to leave. We are getting to know the younger districts since there's less people to talk to. They are pretty cool. At least the sisters are. The elders are either awkward because they are either foreign or too flirtatious. I can say there are some elders that I just choose not to sit next to.

We get a new district today. There are 4 elders and 2 sisters. Three of them are going to my mission. Supposedly all but two of the new missionaries were supposed to go to the Madrid MTC. Ukraine is really slacking on the visas. Hopefully I get mine in time!!!!!!

Sisters Mulberry and Goodell are the Sister training leaders now, and Elders Curtis (Australian), Moline, and Stowell are the zone leaders. Elder Cole is still our district leader.

These past few days have been weird because my neck was messed up from sleeping on it weird, but I decided I would go to the physical therapist if it felt weird again yesterday. In my nightly prayers, I asked that it would be healed. But as we are working on patience as a district this week, instead of being healed, my back went out yesterday. Now I'm not saying anything, but it seems like I was being taught a lesson. So I saw the PT yesterday and got a heat treatment. I wish there was a Chiropractor here. The cool thing is that when my back went out yesterday, it hasn't felt that bad since I originally hurt my back and couldn't do anything without hurting it. I thought about that throughout the day as, even though it still hurt, I was able to do everything I needed to do as a missionary. Heavenly Father does bless His missionaries, even if it is not the way we want Him to. For the record, my back still hurts, but it is a lot better.

This weeks devotional talked about loving enough to lift. It was a cool thing to talk about. I have definitely made more goals for my mission and life about how I am going to treat everyone with enough of the Savior's love so their lives can be lifted. I think we should all apply that to everyday of our lives. Our second devotional talked about a lot of details in missionary work. But one thing I took from it is that it doesn't just apply to missionaries. He talked about how we can make all the sacrifices in the world, but no matter how much we give, it won't mean a thing if we don't apply the product of our sacrifice to our lives. I really loved that because as a missionary I have been told a lot about how much I am giving up, but so many missionaries come home and forget what it all meant. Apply your experiences everyone!

I hope everyone has a great week!
Sister Vehar

We got our official Russian name tags this week!

Mark Pankow sent me BAKED "for my Dad's birthday". BAKED is BOMB! Thank you Pankows!!

My cute friends in weird poses.

No comments:

Post a Comment