Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Week 8: Hobbling to the end: physically and emotionally


Happy Wednesday everyone!

Well this week was quite eventful! It all started on Thursday when I sprained my ankle. It could have been easily prevented, had I not been fed up with this huge elder and decided to block his hit as he came hurdling through the net. I landed on his foot while he tripped over himself and the rest is history. I now spend my once favorite hour of the day in PT instead of playing volleyball, which has since died a slow and painful death. I do actually enjoy PT, I just don’t get to have a blast with everyone else and I can hear them on the court from the room. It’s kinda depressing actually, now that I think about it. However, me and the trainers are pretty tight now. I’ve talked to them a lot about sports medicine and I think it could be interesting to check out when I come home. We’ll see how I feel about it in 16 months.

Because of that fateful event, I have hobbled on crutches a few days this week, but I am crutch free now! For those of you who don’t know, crutches are the worst. My arms and good leg hurt worse than my swollen sprained ankle. Sister Bunderson was just the biggest help this week. I love her so much. I had some gnarly bruising but I forgot to take pictures so sorry about that.

We got our travel plans this week so we are officially leaving! It is insane to think I am moving on. I can’t even remember life before the MTC. What did I do for fun? Couldn’t tell you. I’ve always been a missionary, reading the Book of Mormon in my spare time. Anyway, I leave on Monday at 6:20 am for Portland, Amsterdam, and finally Kiev! I am ALL ALONE though. Loneliest day of my life. I have a layover that lines up with Elder Lindsey’s but it’s an hour long so I’ll probably be dashing to my next flight and won’t even get the chance to meet up.

Our classes have become insane at night because we are going stir crazy in here by the end of each day. We finally broke our teacher, Brother Buth, because we were joking around, but we did it all in Russian and it was still funny. Sister Bunderson spit her water out all over her notebook and we all lost it. The man who will only ever let out a chuckle or a sigh of disappointment was hunched over in his chair gasping for air. We count that as a success. We also made memes of him with screenshots of a video we took with him featuring his catch phrases. Our teachers are honestly the best. They’re going to make saying goodbye to the MTC so much harder.

Our investigators have been progressing. Ксения is unofficially officially baptized! We are done with Женя’s lessons now. It’s really sad that everything is coming to and end, but we’re off to go do it for real now!

The oldest district left yesterday and it has been so depressing since. After we leave there will be only two districts in our zone! Our zone has always been so huge! But we’ve lost a district every week for a few weeks. I’m so over goodbyes. I’ve made so many good friends here and every goodbye is harder than the last. CANT WAIT FOR MONDAY. I’ve made a second family here and I hope I’ll be even closer with the people I meet in the mission.

I am so pumped for this weekend! Not only is it general conference but it’s Easter too! We have a completely different schedule as missionaries that we won’t find out until Friday. We are definitely going to end with a bang. We’ve been preparing the past week for this amazing opportunity and have talked about it a lot. We’ve been challenged to write down questions we have and then we will find an answer. General conference is definitely something I took for granted my whole life. It is revelation straight from God through his prophets and apostles. Don’t take this opportunity for granted! Especially since we will be sustaining our new prophet on Saturday. I’m so excited! Being a missionary definitely puts a whole new perspective on Easter. It is seriously the most important day in all of history we remember and I think sometimes we forget with all the Easter traditions, but I am super hyped to seriously focus on what it really means for us. Jesus Christ suffered for our sins and died on the cross in order to break the bonds of death. He rose from the dead so that we may return to our Heavenly Father and live with Him once more. I love my Savior and I am forever grateful for His sacrifice.

I love all of you and hope you all have an amazing Easter, General Conference, and awesome weeks!
Сестра Вихар
Elder Blake's mom shared this photo of the Russian zone.

Last Pday at the Provo temple with my roomates.


It snowed again!

These ducks live at the MTC and they just brighten our day when they swim in the fountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment