Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Week 2: The eternity of two weeks

Yes everybody, it has been two weeks!! I feel like I’ve been here for three months. Everyone says it feels like yesterday they walked through the door of the MTC but not for me. Sometimes I remember that I did live a different life before this, but I definitely like this one better. Two down, seven to go! The older districts joke about growing old and dying in the MTC before they get into the field because it feels like they’ve been there for years.

Our investigator женя revealed himself to be Brother Buth, our new teacher. He’s an awesome guy. I feel like he and Sister Williams teach totally different, but their styles really complement each other and their teamwork has really helped us learn Russian a lot easier and faster. I memorized the first vision and the baptismal invitation in three days! That was about 40 words and I’ve learned so much other Russian in the last week.

Brother Buth is famous for lunging while he teaches so Sister Goodell snapped a pic to prove it. Enclosed below. I have played volleyball everyday since I got here and I absolutely love it. It feels good after not touching a ball in almost two years. Some days it’s really good and other days it’s absolute garbage. Our zone leader Elder Pate actually got a concussion this week during volleyball and still played every day even though the doctor told him not to. The doctor was right though because the next day the ball was slammed in his face four times. He’s going to Ukraine this week with a concussion for sure😂.

Our lessons with женя this week went really good. We committed him to going to church but he asked us when and where. We learned numbers the night before so I blurted out “nine morning” but we had no idea how to make up a place in Russia. Sister Bunderson said St. Petersburg but we forgot he lived in Moscow so he was confused and explained that that was really far. We told him we’d tell him later. We’re planning to commit him to baptism next lesson, but we forgot to challenge him this
last lesson and we were hoping it would prep him for baptism so we’ll see. We have our first lesson with Ксения (Kesenya, no English translation) tonight so we’ll see how that turns out.

Last night we saw a preview for some new Mormon movies. They’re making Book of Mormon movies now! The first one is about Nephi and it comes out September 21, 2018. It was a huge deal
for us, but not because we’re missionaries who haven’t seen a preview in forever. It’s gonna be amazing and I hope I can see them while I’m out!

We learned about the Book of Mormon this week and I’m really glad I got to have it in my life. Don’t ever take it for granted! If you need any answers, always turn to the Book of Mormon because even if it doesn’t explicitly give you the answer in the scriptures, you will invite the spirit into your life and it will help you find what you need.

Hope everyone had an amazing week!

Love,
Sister Vehar


Brother Buth and his weird legs


It snowed!


Elder Lindsey dancing to our chants of “pillar of light brighter than the sun”


The first vision- the monotone edition

No comments:

Post a Comment